Are you planning to buy an AC and are confused with so many options and brands available in the market. Well, we are here to guide you to make the best purchase decision, and trust me this AC buying Guide is the only one you will ever need before you purchase your AC!
This will help you make step by step decision point in buying the Best AC in India available on Amazon. before I share my list of these ACs, let me ask you a simple straight forward question, Do you want to save a Minimum of 12000 rupees on your next AC purchase? well, we will cover this in detail in the subsequent paragraph.
Before we go into details, let me share a list of the best ACs in India
List of Best ACs in India 2022
I can also guess, you might have already boiled the ocean asking Google, Alexa ” Which AC brand is best in India“, “Which is the best value for money AC in India“. Yes, we all have been in a similar situation at some point or another.
So, here are the top 5 questions that you need to be asking on how to buy an AC!
1. Window Vs Split AC? Which one to buy?
Typically, if you are not always on the move (I know Job transfers are common these days), you should consider buying only split AC. One of the benefits of Split Ac is more uniform cooling and less noise level since the Compressor unit is installed outside your house. So you will not only be enjoying the cool breeze at also at peace, literally thanks to noise insulation! But window AC has its own advantage as well, Let’s discuss and compare the pros and cons of each of them in the table below table.
2. How to decide your AC tonnage Capacity (1 Ton Vs 1.2 Ton Vs 1.5 Ton)?
The answer is pretty simple, it all depends on your room dimension and the number of people at once at the same time. So In case your typical bedroom or living room is larger than today’s modern small rooms, always consider buying a higher tonnage ACs. Also, in case you live in a Joint family who frequently shares a living area during Primetime Tv shows, then there is a saying that goes ‘Larger the Better!’. In most cases going by Indian room dimensions a 1.5 Ton Split AC should be more than enough for your typical 10X15 feet room.
3. Window AC Vs Split AC
Need more help, here is a ready reference guide for which AC you should buy as per room dimension.
|Windows AC||Split AC|
|Good for Smaller rooms with a window||Room Size and window is not a constraint|
|Not as efficient and powerful as Split AC||Faster Cooling because of dedicated blowers|
|A good option for winters as well as Most of them come within Inbuilt Heater||Even Split AC is made to operate all seasons|
4. How to decide Energy Rating for an AC? ( 3 Star AC Vs 5 Star Ac)
Now here comes the million-dollar question, what Energy rating is optimum for you. While lower energy rating ACs might sound economical when making a purchasing decision, but trust me going by frequent hikes in electricity costs across India it is always advisable to go for higher energy rated ACs.
Since we have already made a tall claim in our header saying how we can save more than 12000 INR, well here is a brief calculation that we did which might help you in making a smart purchasing decision on your next AC.
5. Inverter AC Vs Normal AC? Are Inverter ACs better than normal ACs?
If you have arrived at this section, I trust you are serious and are here to make smart informed decisions. We already talked about energy rating and how better star-rated ACs are economical in long term. There is a lot of marketing noise on Inverter ACs that you might have already come across in multiple TV commercials, throwing big jargon and catchy phrases.
So how are Inverter AC different?
Well, for those energy ratings that we discussed, one of the ways to achieve better energy ratings is by using Inver Technology. What it does in layman’s terms is, enable Ac to operate by consuming significantly less power. This is achieved by smartly adjusting compressor speed and refrigerant flow to give you quicker, affordable cooling solutions to your home and office spaces. So it does make sense to go for an Inverter AC.
6. What is Smart Digital AC?
We live in the digital era and everything is becoming smart, so why not a Smart AC. Some of the Smart features one should look for are:
- Wifi Connectivity: Control your AC from an App on your Phone
- Geofencing: Control your AC from anywhere meaning your Phone and AC need not be on the same Wi-fi Network
- Smart Home Compatibility: Google Assistant and Alexa connectivity
To keep It simple, an AC that allows you to easily monitor and control your air conditioning requirements on the go, meaning anytime, anywhere.
Think of it as you are coming back home on a typical hot and humid day, and all you can think of is sitting under your AC on your couch sipping cold juice, well only a Smart AC can make happen for you.
Some other features that one should look for are:
- Stabilizer Free Operation
- Auto Filter Clean Indicator
- Eco-Friendly Refrigerant
- Inner Grooved Copper
Top 5 Best AC Brands India 2022
The Hitachi 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split Air Conditioner with Copper Condenser Ducting is the most energy-efficient air conditioner in its class. It consumes 897.84 kWh annually which translates to about ₹ 2249 savings in electricity bill per year compared to other inverter split ACs available in the market.
Moreover, this Air Conditioner comes with a 10-year compressor warranty and a 5-year warranty on the electrical control circuit and PCB.
- Split AC with inverter compressor: Variable speed compressor which adjusts power depending on heat load. It is most energy efficient and has lowest – noise operation.
- Capacity 5 Ton: Suitable for medium sized rooms (111 to 150 sq ft)
- Energy Rating: 5 Star: Best in class efficiency, Annual Energy Consumption (as per energy label): 897.84 Kwh, ISEER Value: 4.55
- Manufacturer Warranty: 2 years on AC, 10 years on Compressor, 5 years on controller/PCB
- Copper Condenser: Better Cooling and requires low maintenance
With a unique Copper Condenser and heat exchanger technology, this AC is poised to deliver high performance. The ISEER Value of this Split AC is 4.55 making it one of the most efficient in its category.
This split AC features a filter clean Indicator, Penta Sensor, and Inner grooved Copper tube for maximum cooling even at 43 degrees.
Best Energy/Power Efficient
The Samsung 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC will help you keep cool, even on the hottest days. Featuring a powerful 5-star energy rating, this split AC can clean and cool air in up to 150 sq ft of space and features a variable speed compressor that adjusts power depending on heat load.
This inverter AC is designed with inverter technology to keep your room comfortable, especially during high humidity days when most air conditioners don’t work properly.
- Split AC with inverter compressor: Variable speed compressor which adjusts power depending on heat load. 5 modes to choose within different tonnages for different cooling needs.
- Split AC: 1.5 ton Suitable for medium sized rooms (111 to 150 sq ft)
- Energy Rating: 5 Star: Best in class efficiency | Annual Energy Consumption 832.80 Units per year | ISSER Value: 4.65| The star rating is as per BEE guidelines on or before 30th June 2022.
- Manufacturer Warranty: 1 Year on Product, 1 Year on Condenser, 10 Years on Compressor, 1 Year on Gas Recharge, 1 Year on PCB
- Copper Condenser Coil: Better cooling and requires low maintenance
Copper condenser coils ensure that the AC will provide even cooling throughout the year, while an enlarged evaporator coil and inverter technology also help deliver efficient cooling.
This Samsung AC comes with ECO mode which means 60% Power input and runs round the clock for two people and great power saving
Experience true comfort with the Sanyo 1.5 Ton 3 Star Dual Inverter Split AC. This easy-to-operate split-type air conditioner features built-in PM 2.5 and anti-dust filters and corrosion-resistant hydrophilic (water) fins that protect against rust and salt damage.
The Sanyo Inverter AC also has two independent motors in the compressor that ensure faster and energy-efficient cooling and allow 35% higher fan speed over medium mode delivering instant cooling.
- Split AC with dual inverter compressor: Variable speed inverter compressor with 2 rotors which adjusts power depending on heat load. It is most energy efficient and has lowest-noise operation
- Capacity: 1.5 Ton. Suitable for medium sized rooms (Upto 180 sq ft)
- Energy Rating: 3 Star. Annual Energy Consumption: 1050.21 Units. ISEER Value: 3.80 The star rating is as per BEE guidelines on or before 30th June 2022.
- Warranty: 1 year on product, 1 year on condenser, 5 years on compressor
- 100% copper condenser coil: Better cooling and requires low maintenance
New remote is designed ergonomically with glow-in-the-dark Temperature Control buttons that make it easy to use. Sanyo Inverter ACs are equipped with the most recent climate-friendly R32 Refrigerant which is more environmentally friendly.
Sanyo Inverter ACs come with an auto-sleep function that adjusts the temperature to ensure a restful night
In our finding, this is the best economically priced, and overall a “made in India” AC. Best Value for money available under Rs. 30,000.
Best Smart Wi-fi Control AC:
- Wi-Fi Split AC with Auto Convertible Inverter compressor which adjusts power based on heat load. It is most energy efficient and has lowest-noise operation | Seamless hands-free operation and Voice Control with Auto Convertible Alexa and Google Assistant
- Capacity: 1.5 Ton - Suitable for medium sized rooms (121 to 180 sq ft) | Equipped with Powerful and Dry Mode for different cooling needs
- Energy Star Rating: 5 Star | Annual Power Consumption: 840.75 kWh | ISEER: 4.7 The star rating is as per BEE guidelines on or before 30th June 2022.
- Manufacturer Warranty: 1 Year Comprehensive | 5 years on PCB |10 years on Compressor
- Copper Condenser Coil with Shield Blu Technology: Anti Corrosion Blue Fin Technology | Enhances durability in high humidity coastal areas
This AC comes with
- Miraie (Panasonic App) for smart Connected Living | Voice Control | Smart Diagnosis | Comfortable Sleep Profile | Full Control
- Smart Diagnosis with One Touch Service: Equipped to detect issues in advance and alert users | Manage e-warranties | One Touch Service Request
Best Silent Low Noise AC:
- Split Ac With Inverter Compressor: Variable Speed Compressor Which Adjusts Power Depending On Heat Load. It Is Most Energy Efficient And Has Lowest-Noise Operation
- Capacity: 1.5 Ton Suitable For Medium Sized Rooms (111 To 150 Sq Ft.).Cooling Capacity Range (W) 400 ~ 5800
- Energy Rating: 5 Star. Annual Energy Consumption: 818.81 Units. Iseer Value: 4.73 (Please Refer Energy Label On Product Page Or Contact Brand For More Details) . The star rating is as per BEE guidelines on or before 30th June 2022.
- 10 Years On Compressor With Gas Charging, 5 Years On Pcb And 1 Year On Product
- Copper With Ocean Black Protection: Prevents From Rust & Corrosion; Increase Durability ; Uninterrupted Cooling
This AC comes with a Hd Dust Filter, Auto Air Swing Stabilizer Free Operation (120V Approximately Equal 290V), Auto Clean, Monsoon Comfort, Smart Diagnosis System, Low Gas Detection
Still wanted to learn more! Here is a youtube link that explains the working of an AC!
That’s all for now my friend. If you liked my content, don’t forget to share it on social media, maybe it can make someone’s life easier and I will also get some traction as a content writer.
#ac buying guide, #split ac buying guide, #best inverter ac under 25000, #ac buying guide India 2021,#ac buying guide, #split ac buying guide, #best inverter ac under 25000,#advantage of inverter refrigerator, best ac for a home in India 2021, #best ac in India 2021, #best ac brand in India 2021, best air conditioner in India 2020 with a price list, top 10 ac brands in India, #top 10 ac brands in India 2021, best ac in India with price, best air conditioner brand in India
Editor in Chief at RHK. Digital Nerd, Cloud consultant, Customer evangelists! If you don’t find her reviewing Product and writing content she can be traced back to her Garden, experimenting with new Plants!
Last update on 2022-10-09 / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API