Looking for the best microwave oven in India with price, In this article, we’re going to cover important features and specifications that are important in deciding which Microwave oven is best for you. We are going to base it on my experience with a microwave oven, that I have used personally at home for the past 10 years.
To ease your purchase, we have reviewed some of the top-rated microwave ovens in India. We have included some of the basic features that are important for all types of microwave ovens and also factors that differentiate different models in each price range.
A microwave oven is a great addition to any kitchen. It makes life a lot easier. You can make food in two ways — either you heat the food or you defrost the food. Each operating procedure has its own specifications. Choosing the wrong microwave could be a waste of money and space in your kitchen.
In case you have less time, let me share my top picks here before we go into the details of individual ovens.
Our Recommended List of Best microwave ovens in India
Microwave Oven Buying Guide
1. Size of Microwave Oven
The first step is to pay attention to the size of the microwave plus the grill since only small dishes and small-sized foods can be used in small microwave ovens. It will not be possible to defrost here, for example, a long fish or a large chicken, since it simply will not go into the stove
|Family Size||Type of Microwave Oven||Ideal Capacity||Price|
|2-4 Members||Solo Type, Convection Type||15-20 L||Rs 5000-8000|
|4-6 Members||Convection Type, Grill Type||20-30 L||Rs 8000-12000|
2. Solo Microwave oven Vs Convection Types as per Usage
One of the key points you should have in mind is to always check for Grill, and Convection functionality if baking and other types of cooking are your passion.
If this function is present, then there is an ordinary spiral in the oven, which will heat up during the operation of the device. Thanks to the mixed microwave and grill setting in the microwave with grill, fish, meat, and other crispy foods can be cooked here in a short time. For example, if a dish is fried in a conventional oven for an hour, then here it will be cooked in just half an hour and will have the same appetizing crust.
3. Ceramic Coating of Microwave Oven
When I was researching I came across coating material for ovens, what I found was that almost all modern ovens have a bioceramic coating, which is their undoubted advantage. Such a coating allows you to save more vitamins in the prepared products, it is much easier to clean than a conventional coating, saves energy and cooking time, and is also very resistant to mechanical damage. Microwave ovens with bioceramics are more expensive, but it is better not to save on this article.
4. Microwave Oven Smart Features
If you plan to use the microwave often, then pay attention to the presence of various functions such as timer, defrost, quick-cooking. We also recommend that you find out how the oven signals the end of work since some models only give one signal, which is why hostesses often forget about thawed or cooked products. With the right choice, the microwave oven will become an excellent helper for you, which will help you save time and please your loved ones with delicious dishes.
Best Microwave Ovens in India – Review
1. Samsung 28 L Convection Microwave Oven
- Capacity- 28 Liters
- Wattage- 2100 Watts
- Weight- 17.8 Kg
The Samsung 28 L Convection Microwave Oven brings a taste of home-cooking right to your fingertips. Choose from a wide variety of pre-programmed local recipes on the touchscreen and enjoy familiar flavors with the simple touch of a button.
The 600 W Quartz Heater speeds up the cooking process of this convection microwave oven. It features a multipurpose tray, which allows you to prepare delicious dishes, quickly. It features an Eco Mode that saves power by running the microwave oven at low power, thereby decreasing the electricity consumption.
A special fermentation Function lets you enjoy homemade dough or curd any time of the day with the help of this easy-to-use microwave oven. And with Tandoor technology that replicates tandoor-like conditions, it’s possible even to make perfect & crispy Roti and naan.
- Uniquely designed to for Indian Needs such as you can make Roti/naan and Curd in 30 mins
- Replicates Traditional tandoor with temperature up to 200 degrees celsius for a sumptuous taste of tandoori rotis in the comfort of your home
- It comes with Slim fry technology which means it can cook with up to 80% less fat compared to other Microwaves
- It has a deodorization setting to remove any kind of food order by forcing inside air outside
- It has a ceramic interior which is much easier to keep clean and always shining
- Check for local support in case you want a Product demo
2. LG 32 L Convection Microwave Oven (MC3286BRUM) Review
- Capacity- 32 Liters
- Wattage- 2500 Watts
- Weight- 27.9 Kg
LG Microwave Oven model MC3286BRUM is perfect for making Indian Roti Basket Naans to Missi Rotis, Lachcha Parathas to Tandoori Rotis, and much more! The ‘Pasteurize Milk‘ feature in this microwave oven helps you prepare milk for boiling without having to boil it on a stovetop, saving time as well as energy.
The Tawa Multi-cook tray is specially coated to brown foods evenly and quickly at the bottom, making your taste buds shout for more.
- Comes with Diet Fry feature to best crispy delight with the minimum usage of oil
- It has Indian Roti Basked feature, meaning you can now prepare 12 types of Indian delicacies such as Lachha Paratha, Naan, Roti
- Comes with Auto Cook feature with preset Cooking time and temperature to best of dishes from around the world
- Now you can Pasteruze the milk which is better than the hassle of Boiling
- It has more concealed Quartz heater for better protection against those typical burn people can get by touching the interior of Microwave
- Check for Local service and delivery
3. IFB 30 L Convection Microwave Oven Review
- Capacity- 30 Liters
- Wattage- 800 Watts
- Weight- 20.1 Kg
This 30 L convection microwave oven from IFB is the perfect choice for your home. With steam cleaning and 101 standards menus, you can easily make meals for the whole family.
- 30L Capacity: Suitable for large families; Convection: Can be used for baking along with grilling, reheating, defrosting and cooking
- Warranty: 1 year on product & 3 years on magnetron & cavity
- Brand provides starter kit with this product
- Control: Touch key pad (membrane) is sensitive to touch and easy to clean
- Special features: 101 auto-cook menu options, express cooking, auto reheat and deodorize, weight defrost, steam clean and multi stage
Its auto defrosts and overheats protection help prevent food from being ruined by mistakes. The timer option allows you to skip the preheating stage and take advantage of express cooking
- One of the unique selling points of IFB Microwave is Steam Cleaning Feature for that spotless grease-free cleaning
- Comes loaded with 101 Standard menus to cook those complex Indian dishes you always wanted to cook
- Comes with smart defrost technology that makes defrosting so easy with just a click of a button
- Another salient feature is Overheating Protection that Auto switches OFF the microwave’s heating element if temperatures get too high adding an extra layer of safety
- You should check the service of IFB in your city
4. Samsung 28 L Convection Microwave Oven Review
- Capacity- 27 Liters
- Wattage- 1400 Watts
- Weight- 17.5 Kg
- Now cook multiple Indian Cuisines thanks to multiple Pre-programmed local recipes in this Microwave
- It has a great fermentation feature to prepare those delicious homemade doughs using the optimum temperature of the microwave
- It has tandoor Technology that exactly replicates real-life tandoor Temperature to make that perfect & Crispy Roti or Naan
- It Powerful Defrost technology to defrost frozen foods
- It has a ceramic interior which provides that extra durability needed for a microwave
- Check for product demo support availability in your area if you want product installation and demo
5. Panasonic 27L Convection Microwave Oven (CT645BFDG) Review
- Capacity- 27 Liters
- Wattage- 900 Watts
- Weight- 20.4 Kg
Panasonic 27L microwave is perfect for a busy family. With a unique two-way heating system, it’s fast and easy to use.
- It has both Microwave and grill combinations and has a power output of 900W and in a compact size, making it ideal for use in most kitchens. It is finished in black so will look great and modern with your other kitchen appliances.
- With a capacity of 27 liters, you can cook everything from pizza to pasta in this oven.
- It has 12 auto menus to choose from and 200 cooking combinations, enabling you to create whatever meal you feel like cooking up. You can also use the 101 preset auto cook menu items feature, so you have plenty of choices on which method to cook your food by.
From reheating last night’s dinner to making snacks in a flash, our convection microwave oven will bring your kitchen together. Use the Magic Grill feature to heat specific portions of foods for optimum cooking.
- Auto programmed reheat feature to quickly heat your food
- Comes with Auto cook feature to cook varieties of food with preprogrammed cook time and temperature
- Ideal for Indian need, with 101 auto cook menus such as Grill Tikkas (Paneer, Chicken), Snacks, Desserts, etc
- Magic Gill Option enables two-way heating for best results
- Check Service options in your locality
6. Whirlpool 24 L Magic Pro Convection Microwave Oven
- Capacity- 24 Liters
- Wattage- 800 Watts
- Weight- 14.1 Kg
This Whirlpool microwave oven features a 24-inch turntable, so you can cook food more efficiently. It also includes cooking modes like baking, grilled foods, reheating, and defrosting.
- 24L Capacity with Large Cavity
- Convection Microwave Features: Baking, Grilling, Reheating, Defrosting, calorie meter and cooking.
- Brand does NOT provide starter kit with this product
- Warranty:1 year comprehensive warranty on Product & 5 years on Magnetron.
- 130 Auto Cook Menus, Combination Cooking & Defrost Function
There’s even a built-in calorie meter that will let you keep track of the nutrition in each bite of food. Since this unit includes multi-heat technology, you can heat foods with precision to get rid of uneven heating.
- Produced perfect Tandoor like temperature up to 200 degrees celsius to prepare all Tandoori recipe
- Comes with up to 118 Auto Cook preprogrammed Options
- A bigger 24L capacity is ideal for Indian household
- Double Quartz heater for perfect cooking
- It has Stainless Steel Cavity for even and uniform cooking
- It has a Calorimeter to read food calories helps you keep tab on you calorie intake
- Check Delivery in Your area
7. Godrej 30 L Convection Microwave Oven (GME 530 CR1 SZ) Review
- Capacity- 30 Liters
- Wattage- 1400 Watts
- Weight- 16.6 Kg
The Godrej 30 L Convection Microwave oven comes with a unique Multi-distribution grill for faster and healthier barbeque, and Dual Grilling Technology that can cook different food items at the same time.
The advanced convection microwave cooking technology ensures that food is cooked evenly which results in a scrumptious bread basket and delicious barbeque chicken. The stainless steel body of the appliance not only helps in keeping its cavity rust-free but also gives it a classy look
- Warranty: 1 year on product, 3 years on magnetron
- Godrej Convection Microwave with 30L capacity: Suitable for large families
- Convection: can be used for baking along with grilling, Reheating, defrosting and cooking
- Stainless Steel Cavity:Helps in keeping the cavity rust-free
- Multi-distribution system: For faster and even cooking
8. Voltas Beko 28 L Convection Microwave Oven Review
- Capacity- 28 Liters
- Wattage- 1400 Watts
- Weight- 13.7 Kg
Set your kitchen smarts to stun with the new Beko 28 L Convection Microwave Oven. Featuring Auto Cooking technology you’ll be able to get your favorite recipes ready at the touch of a button, with digital display multitasking in the kitchen now all the easier.
Additional features include an extra-large turntable, active defrosting, a built-in digital microwave, and stylish black gloss finishes. The Beko 28 L Convection Microwave Oven is all about convenience – it’s so easy to use you’ll never want to go back to conventional cooking!
- Capacity: 28 litres Suitable for large families, Convection: Can be used for baking along with grilling, reheating, defrosting and cooking
- Warranty: 1 year comprehensive warranty, 2 years warranty on magnetron
- Brand does not provide a starter kit with this product
- Control: Jog Dials and push buttons that are easy to use with a long life
- Also included in the box: Microwave Oven, User Manual, Glass Tray, Roller Ring, Griller and Power Cable
- It has a feather touch digital display to help you keep a tab on your food being cooked
- Active defrosting menu to easily and quickly defrost your food
- Larger Turntable to give you that extra diameter space
- The look could have been a bit modern
9. AmazonBasics 30 L Convection Microwave Review
- Capacity- 30 Liters
- Wattage- 800 Watts
- Weight- 18 Kg
The AmazonBasics 30 L Convection Microwave features a complete package, including a recipe guide, and is everything your kitchen needs to make dinner fast and simple! This microwave features Pre Heat function, Auto Defrost, Auto Cook Menus, Child Lock, and more.
From Fluffy Egg Baked Breakfast or Savory Chicken with Potatoes Dinner to Cakes, Pies & Tarts – You can prepare any of these using the ready recipes. The Child Lock program makes sure that children don’t touch the controls
- 30L Capacity with high quality stainless steel cavity; Suitable for the daily cooking and heating requirements of a family of 4-6 members
- Warranty: Warranty: 1 year warranty on product and 3 year warranty on the magnetron A) Go to 'Your orders' section, B) select the product, C) Click on Get product support and D) schedule an appointment. No need to call anyone and wait in a queue. Hassle free process. Paperless Experience with complete visibility on every step of your warranty claim
- Comes with convection function that lets you bake, grill, cook, defrost and even-preheat the microwave at the touch of a button
- LED display panel: Aesthetic and easy to use digital controls with 65 Auto-cook menu options and Child lock function
- Timer: Helps you track the progress of the dishes being heated or cooked, and signals the end of cooking time
Best Microwave Brands in India
This is a typical question of how much trust you have in a specific brand. In my opinion, one cannot go wrong in choosing the likes of LG, Samsung, IFB, and Godrej. At the same time, there are much other good quality Indians as well as international brands offering excellent customer choice.
LG is one most prestigious and known brands in India and across the world when it comes to home appliances or any electronics. They are known for their deep research and development capability, modern design, and great customer service.
IFB Microwave Oven
IFB is a great Indian Brand and many people think it’s an international brand. They are one of the fastest-growing consumer brands and are popularly known for their best quality Washing machines. Their Microwave is very popular across Indian consumers for dedicated features and Quality.
Samsung is one of the largest consumer brands in the world. They have a great Indian presence. Samsung is known for its quality customer service and its reach even in the farthest and remote part of the country. Samsung has huge R&D capability and they come up with some really innovative products and solutions to make our everyday life much easier
Price of Microwave in India
A good cheap microwave should cost you anything between Rs 4000 to Rs. 7000. While more premium features and larger capacity microwaves can be priced at even INR 50000 for a 25-30L model.
Microwave Oven Frequently Asked Questions:
Here are the top questions people are searching for about microwave ovens.
Is Microwave Oven Safe?
Using the Microwave option is perfectly safe given you have followed all there required guidelines put on the product description brands you are using.
The only downside if you microwave your food is uneven heating. Few of the pathogen may require more temperature and for some more time duration to be killed. It is always advisable to use a microwave with a rotating base. Even Healthline endorses that no evidence suggests microwave food is not safe. They are perfectly safe and even at times better at preserving nutrients. The only thing that one should keep in mind is to slowly cook, give it proper time, make sure to heat evenly and use a moving base microwave.
A quality microwave oven investment can make your life much more comfortable, given that Indian cooking Styles and processes vary a lot as per cuisine. A lot of foods need to be heated or cooked at certain temperatures and within the required time. Keep in mind to always cook in microwave-safe pots that come specifically to microwave ovens.
What is the difference between a simple microwave and a microwave oven?
There is no difference between a microwave and a microwave oven, the former is just a short version of a later as these days almost all microwave oven comes with convection mode. It means that it will allow you to grill, roast, and bake just like traditional or convection ovens. Having said that there is more difference between a microwave oven and a convection oven, which we will cover in the next question
Modern Microwave Ovens Vs Traditional Conventional Ovens
As the name itself suggest, one of them uses a microwave to heat and cook your food. Microwave ovens use a component called ‘Magnetron’ to generate microwaves that are longer in wavelength than infrared but shorter than radio waves.
Conventional ovens may use electric filaments, wood, or another source to produce heat to cook foods.
- Easy to use
- Quick Heating
- More efficient, affordable, and occupies less space
- Not suitable for thick and heavy foods
- Uneven Heating
- Not all types of foods are microwave safe such as eggs, which may explode
Traditional/ Conventional Oven
- Ideal for baking, grilling, and toasting
- Even heating of food, making is it healthier if pathogens can be your concern
- Higher Price
- Takes more time to cook
Which microwave is best for Indian Kitchen?
Some of the good Microwaves for Indian Kitchen are from LG, Samsung, IFB, Voltas. You can go through our detailed review to make the best purchase decision. A good quality microwave oven for Indian Kitchen should be in the price range of around INR 7000 should provide you with features such as
- Easy Knob control
- Child lock
- Energy Saving mode
Baking In Microwave Oven
Baking a cake in a microwave is super easy, and can be used for any cake recipe! Yes, you read that right. You can make any cake you like in a microwave. Even in microwaves, some of you might have convection microwaves and some of you might have non-convection microwaves
Editor in Chief at RHK. Digital Nerd, Cloud consultant, Customer evangelists! If you don’t find her reviewing Product and writing content she can be traced back to her Garden, experimenting with new Plants!
Last update on 2022-10-09 / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API