Winter is coming! Well we all know the winters of North India, it can be a bone-chilling experience, since we all stay in concrete Jungles, unlike the west where most homes especially in cold regions are made using woods, which help them keep warm.
You might have already started Looking for the best electric room heater. We’ve analyzed multiple room heaters, scoured reviews, and tested products to deliver the top 10 electric heaters for your home. The models we selected are affordable, reliable, and energy-efficient – providing consistent heat in remote areas of your home.
Before we deep dive into factors and how to select the best room heaters, let me quickly share our top picks.
List of Best Room Heaters in India
Types Of Room Heaters
We now know the things to think about prior to making the purchase, let’s take a look at the various types of room heaters that are available in India.
Room heaters are classified according to the method of heating used for the installation. There are three kinds of room heaters, based on the heating method used:
Convection Type Room Heaters
This type of room heater operates on the basis of convection. This kind of heater uses a special arrangement of panels and coils to provide heat. The warm air is blown across the area using a fan or directed towards the panel.
Conduction Type Room Heaters
This form of room heater utilizes an aluminum coil that lights when heated electrically, which helps distribute the heat. The areas around the heater are first heated before the heat is distributed to other parts within the area.
Radiant Type Room Heaters
These types of room heaters utilize the concept of infrared radiation to warm the space. The heat rays produced by this kind of heater directly warm the surfaces they land upon.
How did we select the best Room heaters in India- Buying Guide
After you have learned all about space heaters in terms of their function, how they work and how they function what should you consider when choosing an effective and safe space heater? Let’s go through step-by-step the most crucial things to look out for when picking an electric space heater. With these suggestions, you’ll have a clear understanding of what to consider when selecting an electric space heater that will work perfectly for your home.
Size of your room
Your room size plays a major role in which type of heaters you should buy. Keep in mind that Space heaters are available in a variety of sizes to suit different environments – including space heaters that are professional for large and broad spaces, tabletop heaters that are suitable for small spaces. Be sure to think about the area you would like to warm to locate the right product to meet your requirements.
Power Rating of Heater (wattage)
Take note of the amount of power the device consumes. Choose a heater that consumes between 1,000 and 1,500 watts. Each heater claims to have the highest efficiency however, nowadays they use approximately the same amount of energy, so stay clear of those that consume more energy than 1500 watts.
Look and Build Quality
Do you want your heater to be a perfect fit for the decor of your home or is it just bought to use as a practical appliance? With the increase in options and less expensive electric heaters over the past few years, the design of the heater has become more important in deciding the purchase and many brands of heaters have upgraded their designs to be more contemporary.
Safety Features of Your Room Heater
Make sure to keep safety in your mind. If they are used improperly the heater can be dangerous to fire. It is recommended to keep them at least three feet from flammable objects, such as bedding or curtains, do not place anything over them, and do not connect heaters to power cords or extension strips. There is a full safety section in the following.
Consider the additional features you’d like to include inside your heater. Certain models come with thermostats, remote controls, and the ability to rotate to cover more of a space. In the next section, we go over the most fascinating attributes these units can offer.
An item’s warranty is vital for every home appliance. It assists you in the event of a breakdown. Also, it helps avoid having to pay for repair costs or assistance from the manufacturer.
Price of Room Heater
Price and budget are a few of the main factors to consider when purchasing a large purchase. We’ve thoroughly researched and selected products that have top-quality features for the price range of budget and provide price-to-value.
In our opinion, you should get a quality room heater under Rs 1500-2000
Customer Service and after-sales Support
After purchase, any issues associated with the product need to be resolved by you and assisted by the customer service. A company that provides excellent customer service will have more than a loyal customer base as it is a great convenience for the customers. We’ve chosen room heaters with exceptional customer service.
Best Room Heaters in India
1. Havells Oil-filled Radiator- 9Fin 2400-Watt PTC Room Heater
- A PTC-based heater that has a fan. Power input is 230 V.
- Comes with Cord storage and a rear cover for safety
- Overheat protection, tilt over switch to protect yourself
- Thermostatic heat control as well as castor wheels to make mobility easy
- Thermostatic control of the heat. The power consumption is 2000W.
- Price may be on the higher side for many
2. Amazon Brand – Solimo 2000-Watts Room Heater
- Strong Copper winded 2400 RPM motor that provides rapid heating.
- It can be used either vertically or horizontally
- We recommend using a socket of 16A rating. Utilizing it on sockets with lower ratings can result in the melting of sockets or plugs.
- It is a 2 Watt heater. It consumes 2 units per hour when operating at high heat settings.
- Air throw spans 10 feet and is perfect for small or medium-sized spaces.
- It can be placed horizontally and vertically
- Hot, Warm, or Cool the knob to select the wind speed to set the temperature.It is important to note that the regulator alters the power of heating, not the actual fan speed.
- Check after-sales service in your city
3. Orpat OEH-1260 2000-Watt Fan Heater
- Ideal for Spot Heating. Best for Room Size: Up to 250 sq ft
- Safety Mesh Grill 100 pure copper wire motor for a longer time
- It is ideal for small or medium-sized rooms that are only.
- Non-sagging kind of stitching and the long-lasting heating element
- Safety cut-off, Auto-revolving Heater, Overheat Protection, Touch Sensor
- It can get noisy thanks for its fans
4. Orient Electric Comfy+ PTC Room Heater with Fan
- Comes at good required rating for Indian needs with power rating of 2000 W. Operating Voltage: 220-240 Volts
- The ISI accredited room heaters feature the ability to be mounted on walls to make it easy to use and more efficient circulation of heat
- The unit comes equipped with a PTC Ceramic heating element for uniform heating throughout the space and an adjustable thermostat that is suitable for your mood and the weather.
- The Overheat Protection feature guards against dangerous accidents and is capped by a cool, shock-proof ABS body
- Price is a little more compared to similar room heaters
5. Orpat OEH-1220 2000-Watt Fan Heater
- Uses Type of plug: 15A do not plug it into the 5A or 6A standard socket.
- Ideal for spot heating, Room Size: Up to 250 square feet. 100 pure copper Wire Motor to last for a long time
- Perfect for small or medium-sized rooms, i.e., up to 250 sq. feet. when operating at 2000 watts at the heat setting.
- Check out the wattage chart to determine the wattage required by your heater to fit your space. Safety Mesh Grill
- Comes with inbuilt overheat protection safety cut off and long-lasting heating element
- The unit makes some noises due to the fan
- You may need a 3 pin plug or extension cords to work as a 5-15A converter, but is not suitable for long durations using an extension cord
6. USHA Quartz Room Heater
- Meant for Spot Heating; Voltage/Frequency: 230V/50Hz/1 Phase
- Room Size: Upto 150 sq ft; Ideal for a small room only, i.e., up to 120 sq. ft. Touch Sensor: No. :Tip-over Switch : Yes
- Safety tip over switch cuts off the heater in case it tilts or falls; Powder coated finish to prevent corrosion
- Designed for low power consumption; There are two heating positions to suit your comfort; Country of Origin: India
- Size Name: Others
7. HavellsÂ Cista Room Heater
- Cool touch body with One year warranty
- Warranty: One year warranty
- Includes: room Heater
- Heat setting: Two heat Settings: 1 W & 2 W ; Peak Air Velocity: 3. m/s ; Power input: (22 - 24)V ; Power consumption: 1 W , 2 W ; Frequency (hertz): AC 5 Hz
- Touch Sensor: No
8. Orient Electric Areva FH20WP 2000/1000 Watts Fan Room Heater
- Meant for Spot Heating, Room Size: Upto 180 sq ft
- Motor: Full copper motor for durability. Body Material: ABS Plastic
- Adjustable Thermostat: Two heating modes- 1000W & 2000W
- 1.3 m power cord: Long cord assists in easy manoeuvring
- Bi-directional placement option: Horizontal or vertical mounting possible
9. Bajaj Blow Hot 2000 Watts Fan Forced Circulation Room Heater
- Two heat settings - 1000W/2000W
- Compact design
- Easy for mobility and automatic thermal cutout for safety
Frequently Asked Questions About The Best Room Heaters
Now that we have listed some of the best room heaters available in India, lest answers some of the frequently asked questions about room heaters. These questions can also help you make a smart and better purchase decision.
1. Which is the Best Room Heater Brand in India
Based on our research, some of the best Room heater brands in India as below in no particular order
- Amazon Basic
2. What is the best type of room heater?
If you are allergic to smells, particularly burning smells of wires, etc you should opt for oil-based electric room heaters. These heaters are especially recommended for people having breathing problems and other respiratory disorders. These heaters can be as expensive as 5-10 times the price of normal room heaters.
3. What kind of room heater is the best?
The ideal room heater for you will be one that is quieter and does not emit the smell of burning wires. The vast majority of room heaters use quartz elements to generate heat. These work by passing an electrical current through the wire to turn the element red hot.
The problem with this is that they can produce a smell like that of burning wires (sometimes it smells like popcorn) and produce sound as the element vibrates. The reason for this is that quartz, when heated intensely, vibrates. This is particularly noticeable in larger room heaters because there is more quartz in the unit to cause the movement.
4. How to heat your room during winters?
Room heater is the ultimate source of heat for Indian Winters. A quality room heater should be safe and should provide protection against overheating.
If you are buying a heater for your room, make sure it is silent and smell-free since it is possible that you would prefer to sleep in the room with the heater in place. One of the most secure heaters is an oil-filled heater.
5. Which type of room heater consumes the least amount of electricity?
The oil-filled heater consumes most of the energy and is among the most efficient options in the marketplace.
Final Thoughts on Room Heaters
After we have finished our piece on room heaters we hope you’re aware of the different kinds of heaters available and how to pick the most suitable heater for your home. If you need any additional assistance, please reach us. We’ll be delighted to help you with the purchase of a room heater.
Editor in Chief at RHK. Digital Nerd, Cloud consultant, Customer evangelists! If you don’t find her reviewing Product and writing content she can be traced back to her Garden, experimenting with new Plants!
Last update on 2022-10-09 / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API